Friday, October 20, 2006

This one time... at band camp...

I have dorked out. It's official.

I have joined {wait for it...} the Church Choir.

I haven't been part of a Church choir since I was 10. This is a long, long ago time. I haven't been part of a Church choir since I believed in Church. And Santa. And that I would have a husband and kids and a normal family life. A long time ago.

This week I showed up for choir practice, they shoved a mic in my hand, I got up on stage and belted out evangelical songs I've never heard before. It was a lot like lo-tech karoake... no electronic follow-the-bouncing-ball... just a mic, a hymn book, a hope and a prayer.

Not sure what I'm doing... need some time to sort it all out.

In other news... this weekend I'm off to Normandy with my friend Marwa. We had planned to go to the south of France with a group of cave divers, but that got all political and some of them were like "erm, I don't know if we want them to sleep in the attic with us. Make them go away". (craaaaazy, wot), so we were like 'fuck you girlfriend, thanks for the canal tour' (my new favorite dis). So I'm now picking up Marwa tomorrow at 8:30 (9:00 in Newfoundland) and we're going to Normandy and will stay in a (decidedly non-atticky) B&B. Should be fun.

In ooooother news... my friend Andre is coming to visit next week. Andre is, um, an interesting topic. Not sure how much I want to say about this (although I did mention him in an earlier entry). I am glad he's coming... it will be nice to have company... but I am a bit nervous about his visit.

Yah. A bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home