Friday, October 13, 2006

Morning Runs

Lying in bed making promises...
"sleep a little longer, you'll go for a run tomorrow. A really long one".

Throw back the covers and throw on some jogging clothes
THERE's my jogging bra -- yay! I knew I'd find it in this mess some day!

Squeeze a couple of oranges and make a mental note to clean up the counter
uh, Later
Walk outside, earphones in place
breathe in, hit 'play' and start running with Bob Marley
Ya mon. Every little thing is gonna be all right

Thoughts float in and I let them flow through without hanging on to any of them...
I wonder if I'll stop running "to stretch" or if I'll make it all the way around today without stopping.
Doesn't matter.
It's cool this morning, perfect for a run.
Breathe, breathe, breathe.
The lake is pretty, taking on the colors of the early morning -- blue, grey and glassy
Smile at the 3 people I jog past. One of them smiles back and I see this as a sign that this might be a good day.
Coming up to the castle I wonder if the valet I almost smashed into the other day will be in the same spot or if he's learned something about standing in the middle of a running path before sunrise.
No, not there.
Dip into the little woods and breathe, breathe, breathe
It's easy to breathe with all these trees... and it's a bit downhill
I'm going to make it all the way around. I'm almost back and besides it's time for:
SALT and PEPPA! Kick it up a knotch and run with a smile, do a little jogging skip step
Out of the woods and over the stone bridge, up the treelined street and to my apartment for a yoga stretch.

Mornings are great...
I'm late for work again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home