Thursday, September 28, 2006

Waterloo.

Today I was in Waterloo. Yes, that's the Waterloo. In Belgium. I thought it was in France until recently, which is pretty embarrasing given that I took quite of lot of European history in university. Must remember to turn in my smarty-pants badge tomorrow. Seems I no longer need it.

I went to Waterloo to buy chairs and kitchen stuff from an expat who just settled into Belgium when, WHAMMO!, he had a family tragedy and has to sell all his stuff and get out of Dodge. Or rather, out of Waterloo.

I borrowed my boss' Espace for the trip. "A whaa"? you're probably asking. An Espace. 'Espace' is basically French for 'Space". As in, "this fucking vehicle is as big as space". As in, "this vehicle it has it's own galaxy but we're not sure if it's inhabited because we've only explored the delta quadrant". It is a Very Big Vehicle. I hate it.

I hate that the GPS is in Dutch, that it's like driving around your living room, and I hate that the road to Waterloo is confusing. I hate that I have to do all this by myself. Everything. I hate that all the nice people I meet, like the guy who sold me the chairs, are married and are leaving the country.

I hate it when people complain in their blogs. It's boring and it bothers me that I'm complaining. To the Internet. Like the Internet is going to go "oh, hey, wow, I had no idea you were so upset. I should have been more attentive". Like the Internet will be all like "Geez. Hey, is there anything I can do for you? I mean, hell, it must be a real challenge moving your whole life to a country where you don't know anyone or anything... why don't you sit back and I'll take care of a bunch of the stuff you need". Nope. The Internet is good, but it's not that good.

.0O (hmmm... But maybe it could get me a boyfriend)

So here I am at home, it's 9:30 and I just bought 7 MORE chairs. So now I have a total of 15 chairs in this place. It's like I collect chairs. Which, as of an hour ago, I guess I do.

Honestly, I bought them because they are new and are 40Euro each from IKEA. And he sold me all 6 for 40Euro. So now I have a house full of chairs and am questioning whether or not it was a great idea to fill my whole place up with chairs. As if I am ever going to have 15 people using the chairs -- given that I know roughly 3 people in this whole country. Maybe I'll let anyone who visits me keep their chair... that should be incentive to keep visiting so that they can earn a whole set.

Guess who's lonely tonight?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home