Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Rainy Day People.

Just got in from a rainy-morning run around the lake... making coffee, listening to Jack Johnston... stretching...

I am in my new place. It's candlelit and cozy... this is because I like it like this and also because Belgians take their light fixtures with them when they move so I have electricity but no lights except for the kitchen stovefan. I have highspeed internet... but Belgians install modems in garages, so my connection is hit and miss. Jack Johnston is nice though. Jack Johnston never lets me down. And coffee is always very dependable due largely to the integral relationship it has with gravity.

Work is deeply unsatisfying.

But it turns out that work is supposed to suck for those of us who are doing it. For minions it's a verb. It's only a noun for those who own the means of production. Were Carl Marx alive today, the battlecry would be 'Workers of the world unite! You have nothing to lose, but your homes, your vacation in St. Kitts, and any hope for a comfortable future!". Unfortunately Carl isn't alive... but it seems that Groucho, Chico, Gummo, and Harpo are... I'm pretty sure I work with them.

Thanksgiving will be slightly delayed this year on account of the fact that when Belgians move they take their ovens with them. I haven't had time to buy one. Tragically it turns out that IKEA sells ovens, so the recent trend of transforming my home into an IKEA dollhouse continues. It's not bad, but I could do without all the assembly, leftover bits of wood and hardware, and the Euro-Yuppies who keep barging in and looking through my bathroom.

There is also the slight issue with the fact that turkeys are extinct in Europe. Here they call Turkeys 'chickens'. They are exactly like Canadian turkeys except they are smaller, jucier, and they are not turkeys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home