Saturday, September 23, 2006

Nearly Random

I'm in my new place, streaming the CBC and not organizing my apartment.

I went grocery shopping, bought a charger for my home phone (in French) and did my laundry in my landlady's washing machine (in Dutch). I live on a language border.

Yesterday I took the day off and hung out with my *gulp* former roommate Yoka's (sniff, sniff) boyfriend. We assembled a bathroom and a hallway cabinet. The hallway cabinet doesn't have a door on it yet... or drawers... He had to leave before finishing. I'm pathetic and don't do things like this myself.

Today there are clothes allllll over my apartment. I don't mind. I was down to my last pair of underwear and now everything is wet but clean.

The Internet keeps cutting out. I do mind this. It makes me nervous.

Andre wrote a poem for me:
The shortest message
the shortest breath
the sound of you sleeping
beside me
while oceans yawn
chasm-like dreams
of rocks skipping over them
to flatlands
Andre is a poet. Until now, I've only read him in French.

Yesterday my cousin from Nova Scotia sent me an email:
Hellooooooo,
Comment ca va?
A friend of mine saw Andre the other day and he said
"Je suis en amour" {Iam in love} but she is in Belguim.
My friend replied "Colleen"?
To his
surprise, he said yes.

He also said he thought the
feeling was mutual.

You never told me.HA!HA!
By the way it was Helen,
she could not
believe it!

Hope all is well.
Love Ya!!!!!!!!!!
Dar
I'm not sure what would posess anyone to tell other people they are in love before they tell the person they are in love with. Especially if you live in Nova Scotia where the speed of gossip exceeds the speed of light.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home