Saturday, December 16, 2006

Non-Blogging in Belgium

I suspect that the 10-step life-cycle of the average blog goes something like this:

1. Find template you can stand and write first tentative post. Realize that it's ok and you are, in fact, A BLOGGER!
2. Spend 4 or 5 weeks of enjoyable, intesive daily blogging. Have ideas during the day that you earmark for a blog entry... be diligent about your spelling, grammar, sentence structure, and syntax. Fuck around with your template, add links, re-read entries for 'readability'. Edit often.
3. Have 1st thoughts that noone is reading the blog and think that maybe skipping a day is ok as no one will notice
4. Skip a day
5. Skip another day. Wonder if someone you know has found your blog. Try to remember if you told your personal assistant that you're a blogger while having a few drinks after work.
6. Feel like maybe someone might miss the blog, so write a few more entries. Do not be diligent about spelling, or syntax. Do not re-read anything you write.
7. Realize that you were right and that almost noone is reading the blog and that blogging takes a LOT of time, and that's when you
8. HIT THE BLOG WALL: Have the following thoughts:
  • Why am you I blogging? Who is this for, because this takes a LOT of time!
  • What if someone I know is reading this? I can't write about you-know-what
  • Ok, why would I bother blogging if I'm editing myself thinking someone I know is reading this?
  • Why not edit myself... I mean, I find my life absolutely fascinating, of course, but probably noone else is interested in the seamy underbelly of my life anyway
  • Wonder what happens if Belgium finds out I've been slagging her
  • Think: maybe I should write less about me and more about "topical subjects"
  • Think: Don't be a putz
9. Write a blog entry about the life cycle of a blog
10. Either continue blogging or shut it down

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep Penless, that's about the yin and yang of it. Don't stop. I love your blog and do look for it daily - no pressure then.

4:05 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home