Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Breakfast at Tiffany's (if Tiffany was a lousy hostess and didn't know the definition of 'breakfast')

Ok, that's a lame title for this blog. I'm exhausted.
I've spent the past 2 days at a corporate rah-rah session -- which I will write about but need a couple of days to sort through the highlights

I've got to get to bed, but here's a question I need to ask first:

When you invite 40 people for a corporate breakfast at 7:30am with the top executives of the company, do you:

a) serve breakfast (coffee, eggs, toast, bacon, cereal, yogourts, fruit, etc...etc...)
b) serve coffee, desert pastry and stir sticks
c) tell people they are being invited for a pre-breakfast snack of coffee and desert pastry and that there will not be another opportunity to access food until 2pm so they should bring an emergency peanut butter & jelly sandwich with them.
d) either a or c

The correct answer is d.

By 1:30 the speaker couldn't be heard over the sound of the stomachs rumbling.

Later, I asked my Belgian colleagues why we were told that there would be breakfast when there, uh, wasn’t. They looked at me with the “that is a completely stupid question that only an idiot North American would ask”-look I’m getting very used to and assured me that this was breakfast. In fact, it was a very nice breakfast. Fancy. A Sunday breakfast.

I’m too tired to get into this but, for the record: Desert. It’s not breakfast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home