Sunday, August 20, 2006

The Lost Weekend
or: " how to anaesthetise oneself with DVDs"

This weekend was a writeoff. My fabulous roommate who is, amongst other things, a cave diver, has been away leading a group through a cave in the Ardennes. Today, to top off their weekend, they went rafting. My roomate, being hardcore, of course built the raft with materials on hand for this particular excursion...

Me?

I would normally be all over a weekend like that. And my roommate wasn't keen on leaving me home, but I insisted I needed to chill out alone. So I stayed home. Specifically, I stayed home alone in my room. Watching an entire season of "Taken" on DVD. 5 DVDs worth of good old fashioned alien abduction. I went outside for exactly 1 hour this weekend. I went for a walk in the forest. I talked to exactly noone.

I also cleaned the bathroom. And the kitchen. And the storage unit.

It's funny. I didn't think about Belal at all this weekend. I'm pretty sure it's because I haven't had TV for many, many years and I rarely watch it. Right now my brain is completely saturated and probably fried. I feel numb and, yes, quite dumb. But oddly serene. I think I'm over... uh, what's his name...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home